How to get Here
Getting to Maonu Island
Guests are responsible for their own arrangements to and from Padang.
When you arrive in Padang, one of our team will be waiting to greet you at the airport.
Depending on the day you travel, you will either be taken from the airport to a hotel or straight to the ferry where the team will give you your tickets.
- Fly to Padang (Minangkabau Airport) on West Sumatra, Indonesia
- Fast Ferries leave Padang to Muara Siberut on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings at 7am and Slow Ferries Wednesdays and Fridays at 7pm
- Once you’ve arrived in Siberut, it’s a 45 minute boat drive to camp
Helpful travel tips
- When selecting your flights, we suggest booking a day before the ferry leaves Padang.
- If you’re looking for a good budget hotel for a night’s stopover in Padang, we suggest booking a room at the New House Homestay.
- Padang is not the most tourist friendly place so avoid having more than a one night stay-over.
Malaria is not a big issue in the area of the camp.
Our recommendations for flights
Garuda Airlines – The national airline of Indonesia offers flights to Padang from Singapore and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia.
Air Asia – Direct flights to Padang from Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
Lion Air – Flights to Padang from Singapore, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
Tiger Airways – A budget airline with cheap direct flights from Singapore to Padang and Kuala Lumpur.
Padang to Mentawai
Padang to Mentawai Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 7am
Leaves from the Padang River (30 min – 1 hour drive from the airport) stopping at North Siberut first before arriving at Muara Siberut at 3pm (Tuesdays and Saturdays), on Thursdays the Ferry goeas direct to Muara Siberut and arrive at 1pm.
Wednesdays at 7pm
Leaves from Bungus Harbour (1-2 hour drive from the airport) stopping at North Siberut first before arriving at Muara Siberut at 3pm on Thursday.
Fridays at 7pm
Leaves from Bungus Harbour and arrives in Muara Siberut at 6am on Saturday morning.
When you arrive at Muara Siberut, we’ll have a boat waiting to take you straight out to Moanu Island. The journey is approx. 45 minutes.
Once on the island, we will have a quick meal and welcome chat before heading out to catch some waves.
Mentawai to Padang
Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 3pm
The fast ferry leaves the island at 3pm arriving at the Padang River at 6pm the same day. We will aim to get in a quick morning surf before you leave but will need to be back on the island for 11am in order to leave at 12pm.
Thursdays at 7pm
Leaves Muara Siberut at 7pm arriving at Bungus Harbour in Padang at 6am on Friday
Saturdays at 7am
The ferry leaves at 7am and arrives at Bungus Harbour in Padang at 6pm that evening.
When you arrive back in Padang we will have taxis waiting to take you to the airport or to your hotel if you’re stopping overnight.